Friday, October 23, 2009

Sleepy Awards

Announcer: Welcome to the 3rd Annual Sleepy Awards--celebrating the sleepiest Moms in the nation. Please give a round of applause for second-time winner Erin Davis!

(Crying) First, I would like to begin by thanking everyone for joining me at this obscene hour of 5a.m. I would also like to thank the Sleepy Academy for accommodating all sleep deprived mothers by having this ceremony at such an unpleasant hour. Last year I accepted my first Sleepy on behalf of my firstborn, Laura Cecilia Davis, without whose indeterminable spirit, colic and 100mph personality, I would not have been so sleepy. This year I would like to thank her for her continued uncanny ability to wear my behind out. But really, I have two little people I must share my gratitude for this most esteemed award. Thank you Elizabeth and Julia Davis for your tireless dedication for keeping me tired. Especially in your first 6 months of life when you refused to sleep through the night, but by no means limited to recent nights (like last night) when for no apparent reason, you screamed your little heads off for the majority of the night. I can honestly say, I deserve this honorable slee---aaa---ooo---ppp----yyy...zzzzzzzzz.

Announcer: Uh, it appears as though Erin has passed out on stage. Here to help her finish accepting her award is her husband, Paul Davis - Oh, excuse me...it appears that he too is passed out and will not be joining us this morning. Thus concludes the 3rd Annual Sleepy Awards. To all sleep deprived parents of the world...Good morning--or goodnight, and may you enjoy your sleep whenever you are fortunate enough to get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment